The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification is for individuals in operational IT roles seeking to prove their knowledge, skills and experience by attaining an ISO-accredited certification. SSCP provides confirmation of a practitioner’s ability to implement, monitor and administer IT infrastructure in accordance with cybersecurity policies and procedures that ensure data confidentiality, integrity and availability.
The SSCP is designed for cybersecurity and IT/ICT professionals who have hands-on responsibility for designing, implementing and maintaining cyber, information, software and infrastructure security, whether in a cyberdedicated role or as part of their day-to-day IT/ICT position. Roles include:
- Network Security Engineer
- IT/Systems/Network Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Security Administrator
- Systems/Network Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Individuals operating in a security operations center (SOC) environment performing the role of incident handler, SIEM, forensics specialist, threat intel researcher, etc.
Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year cumulative work experience in 1 or more of the 7 domains of the SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK). A 1-year prerequisite pathway will be granted if the candidate has a degree in a cybersecurity program (bachelor’s or master’s).
A candidate who doesn’t have the required experience may become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the SSCP examination. The Associate of (ISC)² will then have 2 years to earn the 1 year of required experience.
- Access Controls
- Security Operations and Administration
- Risk Identification, Monitoring and Analysis
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Network and Communications Security
- Systems and Application Security
- Length: Up to 3 hours
- Questions: 125
- Format: Multiple choice
- Passing Score: 700 out of 1000 points
- Testing Center: Pearson VUE Testing Center (www.pearsonvue.com/isc2)
- Availability: English
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!