- 16 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- Official Certification Exam from SCRUMstudy
- Official SCRUMstudy student material
- Course completion diploma
- Practical exercises
- 16 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
Scrum is the most popular Agile framework. It is an adaptive, iterative, fast, flexible, and effective method designed to deliver significant value quickly and throughout a project.
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals are facilitators who ensure that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project, clears impediments for the team, and ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
What will I achieve?
- Be able to guide and teach Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project, remove obstacles for the team and ensure that Scrum steps are being followed.
- Get a comprehensive understanding of the Scrum philosophy and principles.
- Obtain a practical knowledge of Scrum, including roles, meetings, and artifacts.
- Be comfortable implementing Scrum in the organizations as well as managing common issues and roadblocks.
- Obtain the Scrum Master certification.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who is interested in working as a Scrum Master.
- Someone who is already a Scrum master in his/her organization.
- Scrum Master is an important role in any Scrum team and doesn’t have to be a technology expert to be effective.
- Moreover, although Scrum is popular in the IT industry, it can be used effectively across different industries.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 120 minutes
- Number of questions: 100 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 57% (57 correct answers)
- Format: Online; closed-book
- Prerequisites: It is recommended to have completed the free online Scrum Foundation course (access provided upon course registration).
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Agile Overview
- 1.1 The Rise of Agile
- 1.2 The Agile Manifesto
- 1.3 Principles the of Agile Manifesto
- 1.4 Declaration of Interdependence
- 1.5 Agile Methods
- 1.6 Agile vs. Traditional Project Management
2 Scrum Overview
- 2.1 Scrum Principles
- 2.2 Scrum Aspects
- 2.3 Scrum Processes
- 2.4 Scrum Advantages
3 Scrum Roles
- 3.1 Core Roles
- 3.2 Non-core Roles
4 Scrum Phases
- 4.1 Initiate
- 4.2 Plan and Estimate
- 4.3 Implement
- 4.4 Review and Retrospect
- 4.5 Release
5 Scaling Scrum
- 5.1 Scalability of Scrum
- 5.2 Scrum in Programs and Portfolios
- 5.3 Scrum of Scrums (SoS) Meeting
- 5.4 Transition to Scrum
- 5.5 Mapping Traditional Roles to Scrum
- 5.6 Maintaining Stakeholder Involvement
- 5.7 Importance of Executive Support