- Powered by the EVC™ Framework from Governan
- 16 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with a Live Expert Trainer
- Official Certification Exam (optional)
- Official accredited student material
- Practical exercises
- Course completion diploma
- $1,300 USD
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- About the instructor
- Payment methods
Leaders who define and effectively implement an artificial intelligence (AI) strategy will position their companies for growth, agility, superior competitiveness, and better resilience. However, while the strategic and economic benefits of AI are considerable, in the last few years, the number of AI solutions and emerging technologies available in the market has grown exponentially, creating implications for defining a business strategy to compete in the age of AI.
AI solutions can unlock end-to-end strategic value when all managers and professionals in the enterprise learn how to identify, prioritize, and create strategic business capabilities powered by AI and data-enabled assets and intelligent workflows in their business areas.
The Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy training and certification from Governan teaches the participants:
- How to define, quantify, and monetize the capabilities, benefits, and strategic outcomes that AI solutions provide to their specific areas and the overall enterprise.
- AI and data solutions opportunities, considerations and implications for the business strategy.
- Overview of the StrategyOps approach to define Intelligent Workflows to enable Strategic Capabilities and Quantifiable Outcomes.
- A method to determine which areas of the supply chain, and touchpoints of the customer journey, require priority to be enabled or transformed with AI.
- A structured and strategic method for identifying the best type of AI and data solutions for any department or area.
- A Value Causation mapping approach for an AI portfolio—from business strategy and organization goals to business capabilities and AI/data technology components.
- Infrastructure considerations for a new AI-powered strategy.
- The lessons include industry and function-specific Use Cases with practical examples of AI, data strategies, infrastructure solutions, and AI-enabled solutions (i.e., machine learning, advanced analytics, RPA, IoT, data lakes, master data management).
- At the center of the Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy course is the StrategyOps approach, which is based on the Strategic Agility, Value Causation, and TBO (Total Benefit of Opportunity) methods from the EVC (Excellence in Value Creation) Framework from Governan. EVC is the world’s most advanced and effective value management approach.
What will I achieve?
- Understand the operational and strategic business capabilities provided by AI solutions, including Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Deep, Robotic Process Automation, and Internet-of-Things.
- Learn a practical Value Causation method to assess the impact and uncertainty of AI on the business strategy.
- How to define a winning and executable strategy, centered on Intelligent Workflows powered by Humans + Machines, to increase the likelihood that AI solutions enable strategic and economic outcomes.
- Know how to map an AI value creation strategy that optimizes the customer value journey and supply chain.
- How AI capabilities help the enterprise retain and obtain customers, to increase the enterprise revenue.
- Learn how to measure and monetize the outcomes from AI-based initiatives.
- Understand how AI can enable your organization to beat your competitors and become a market leader.
- Understand the infrastructure requirements to achieve the best strategic value from AI.
Who is this course for?
- All leaders, managers, and professionals in all technology and business areas of the enterprise.
- Individuals that need to assess and monetize the value of AI and data solutions.
- Anyone involved in innovation, continuous improvement, strategic planning, portfolio management, innovation, product management, and business transformation.
- Professionals and departments leaders in all areas of the supply chain and all shared services that manage a budget.
- All c-level executives, including CEOs, COOs, CMOs, CIOs, CSOs, CFOs, and CXOs.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 120 minutes.
- Number of questions: 50, multiple-choice.
- Passing score: 65% correct answers.
- Format: electronic; open book.
- Prerequisites: None.
What are the course contents?
- An introduction to StrategyOps, Strategic Agility, and the operational and strategic causation with Artificial Intelligence.
- Identifying and prioritizing Workflows to enable strategic capabilities powered by AI solutions.
- Defining a winning Business Strategy with an AI-based transformation strategy.
- Risk and implications when defining an AI-powered business strategy or business case.
- Identifying areas of the supply chain, shared services, and customer journey that need priority for change and improvement with intelligent, dynamic, and agile assets, using real AI use cases.
- Mapping a business strategy enabled by AI—including the layers of technology and business components—to generate strategic capabilities and the expected business outcomes.
- How to monetize the outcomes from an AI-based solution.
About the instructor
Ruben Melendez is the CEO of Governan, Strategic Advisor at Global Lynx, and Founder of VALTICS.
For over twenty years Ruben has been advising CEOs, COOs, CIOs, CMOs and CSOs, and their organizations, with their strategic plans, business value plans, and managing their investment portfolios of digital and intelligent technologies. Example of these organizations include Akron University, State of Ohio, Corning, Cardinal Health, The Ohio State University, Repsol, Pemex, Nationwide Insurance, among many other.
During the last few years Ruben has been assisting business leaders with their business and competitive strategies, and how to achieve strategic agility using digital transformation and AI solutions, including companies that are providers and users of artificial intelligence and big data, such as Invent for and A+E.
Ruben developed and is continually enhancing the Excellence in Value Creation (EVC) Framework from Governan. EVC is used by over 16,000 business and technology professionals and leaders around the world as their enterprise value management approach. EVC is used by enterprises for strategic planning, project and portfolio value management, and as a continuous improvement method for value assessment, monetization, and benefits’ realization.
Prior to Governan worked for ABB, Combustion Engineering, and AccuRay Corporation. In Ruben’s last position at ABB, he was responsible for the global market strategy of ABB’s services, including the ABB KAIS— the company’s first artificial intelligence-based solution, to help customers predict and prevent operational and technical problems, incidents, and process outages.
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)
For more information about this training course (schedules, locations, costs, etc.) or any of the other IT training courses we offer, please contact us. We will be happy to assist you!