- 16 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- Official Certification Exam from the DevOps Institute
- Official DevOps Institute student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exam
- 16 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
As companies are pushing code faster and more often than ever, the rate of vulnerabilities in systems is accelerating. As IT organizations are being asked to do more with less, DevOps has shown immense value to businesses and security is an integral component that needs to be integrated into the strategy. This course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences.
What will I achieve?
- Learn how DevSecOps roles fit with a DevOps culture and organization.
- Applying data and security sciences into the organizational context.
- Integrate security into Continuous Delivery workflows.
- Understand using 'security as code' with the intent of making security and compliance consumable as a service.
- Know how to integrate security programs into DevOps practices.
- Be able to use data and security science as the primary means of protecting the organization and customer.
- Enable DevSecOps practices to support an organizational transformation with the ultimate goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk, and optimizing cost in the organization.
- Obtain the DevSecOps Foundation certification.
Who is this course for?
- Anyone involved or interested in learning about DevSecOps strategies and automation
- Anyone involved in Continuous Delivery toolchain architectures
- Compliance Teams
- Delivery Staff
- DevOps Engineers
- IT Managers
- IT Security Professionals, Practitioners, and Managers
- Maintenance and support staff
- Managed Service Providers
- Project and Product Managers
- Quality Assurance Teams
- Release Managers
- Scrum Masters
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Software Engineers
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online; open-book
- Prerequisites: There are no formal prerequisites for this course. At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Realizing DevSecOps Outcomes
- Origins of DevOps
- Evolution of DevSecOps
- The Three Ways
2 Defining the Cyberthreat Landscape
- What is the Cyber Threat Landscape?
- What is the threat?
- What do we protect from?
- What do we protect, and why?
- How do I talk to security?
3 Building a Responsive DevSecOps Model
- Demonstrate Model
- Technical, business and human outcomes
- What’s being measured?
- Gating and thresholding
4 Integrating DevSecOps Stakeholders
- The DevSecOps State of Mind
- The DevSecOps Stakeholders
- What’s at stake for who?
- Participating in the DevSecOps model
5 Establishing DevSecOps Best Practices
- Start where you are
- Integrating people, process and technology and governance
- DevSecOps operating model
- Communication practices and boundaries
- Focusing on outcomes
6 Best Practices to get Started
- The Three Ways
- Identifying target states
- Value stream-centric thinking
7 DevOps Pipelines and Continuous Compliance
- The goal of a DevOps pipeline
- Why continuous compliance is important
- Archetypes and reference architectures
- Coordinating DevOps Pipeline construction
- DevSecOps tool categories, types and examples
8 Learning Using Outcomes
- Security Training Options
- Training as Policy
- Experiential Learning
- The DevSecOps Collective Body of Knowledge
- Preparing for the DevSecOps Foundation certification exam
- Wire transfer
- Credit card (via PayPal)