- 20 hours
- On-Site or Virtual Course with Live Certified Trainer
- Official Certification Exam from PeopleCert
- Official DevOps Institute student material
- Practical exercises
- Simulation exam
- 20 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
The PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals certification covers the fundamental knowledge required for a candidate to build their knowledge and skills regarding DevOps principles and practices.
The purpose of this foundation level qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge, understanding and application of fundamental DevOps skills and are be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a DevOps environment. The PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals qualification is also a pre-requisite for the PeopleCert DevOps Leadership qualification.
What will I achieve?
- Learn the History and Need of DevOps.
- Understand key concepts of DevOps and the Business Value of DevOps.
- Become familiar with the concepts underlying C.A.L.M.S., The Three Ways, continuous delivery, and the scope of the full stack.
- Learn all about DevOps culture, transformational leadership and DevOps structure and teaming.
- Study in detail the evolution of the DevOps Practices and the 15 Essential Practices of DevOps.
- Learn the basics of Agile Project Management and Scrum Methodology.
- Understand key concepts of cloud technology and virtualization, automation for deployment pipeline, and architecting for continuous delivery.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wishes to become an efficient member of a DevOps environment and requires candidates to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of DevOps terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their application skills of how to use tools efficiently and effectively.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 70% (28 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; open-book
- Prerequisites: At least 4 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
Introduction: What is DevOps?
Module 1: The Urgency For DevOps
Module 2: Key DevOps Principles & Concepts
Module 3: The Full Stack – People & Culture Layer
Module 4: The Full Stack – Processes & Practices Layer
Module 5: The Full Stack – Technology & Automation Layer
Wrap Up & Review