24 hours – On-site or Virtual with live certified trainer
Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. Through understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behavior, IT organizations are helped to develop a continuous improvement mind-set. Lean IT is complementary to all other best practice methods.
- Official accredited student material
- Review exercises
- Simulation exams
- Course completion diploma
- Official certification exam from EXIN
- 21 PDUs
- What will I achieve?
- Who is this course for?
- What are the exam characteristics?
- What are the course contents?
- Payment methods
What will I achieve?
- Learn and apply the principles underlying the Lean philosophy.
- Understand customer value and develop a value mindset.
- See processes from a Lean perspective and reduce the waste within them.
- Measure performance and the key determinants of performance.
- Identify the organizational requirements when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools.
- Set the behavior and attitude necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization.
- Use the DMAIC problem-solving model.
Who is this course for?
- Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from the insights provided by the qualification.
What are the exam characteristics?
- Time allocated: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Passing score: 65% (26 correct answers)
- Format: Online or Paper; closed-book
- Prerequisites: At least 5 hours of personal study during the course are recommended.
When will I know my exam results?
When the exam is paper-based, the results will be notified to the participant afterwards through email. When it is web-based, the participant will get the results immediately after finishing the exam.
What happens if I fail the exam?
The participant who fails the exam may take it again any times at extra cost. No time window between exams is required.
What are the course contents?
1 Introduction to Lean
- 1.1 Introduction to Lean IT
- 1.2 The Toyota Production System
- 1.3 Key Principles
- 1.4 Waste
- 1.5 Activities
- 1.6 The Deming Cycle
- 1.7 Dimensions of Lean IT
- 1.8 Key Players
- 1.9 Being Lean
- 1.10 Relationships with other Models
- 2.1 The customer
- 2.2 Types of Customer Value
- 2.3 Critical to Quality (CTQ)
- 2.4 Analysis of The Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- 2.5 Sources of Continuous Improvement Opportunities
- 3.1 Definition
- 3.2 Key Components
- 3.3 Push and Pull
- 3.4 SIPOC Model
- 3.5 Value Stream Mapping
- 3.6 Metrics
- 3.7 Value Improvement
- 3.8 Demand of Value and Demand of Failure
- 4.1 Definition
- 4.2 KPIs
- 4.3 Process Cycle Efficiency
- 4.4 Availability of Skills and Knowledge
- 4.5 Combination of Performance Indicators
5 Lean Organization
- 5.1 Requirements
- 5.2 The Principle of Organizing
- 5.3 Goal of Management to Empower Employees
- 5.4 Visual Management
- 5.5 Kanban
6 Behavior and Attitude
- 6.1 Characteristics of Lean Mindset
- 6.2 Types of Lean Behavior
- 6.3 Role of Managers in the Lean Environment
7 Kaizen / Problem Solving
- 7.1 Kaizen and Kaikaku
- 7.2 DMAIC Method
- 7.3 Define Phase
- 7.4 Measure Phase
- 7.5 Analyze Phase
- 7.6 Improve Phase
- 7.7 Control Phase
- 7.8 A3 Method
8 Qualification Scheme
- 8.1 Lean IT Training
- 8.2 EXIN contact information